(2. Instead of worrying about cold air flapping around the holes in my jeans, I instead get to realize I didn't shave or apply lotion to my winter-knees. Now everyone gets to see some furry and flaky kneecaps. You're welcome.)
3. When I see flowers blooming but my weather app tells me tomorrow it'll be 30 degrees again, I start giving them a mental pep talk. It's gonna get cold but hold on! You can make it! This weekend it'll be sunny and warm again!
4. Walks to the park/library/around the block no longer require 18 layers and thick lotion applied to baby cheeks to block potential windburn. (Instead, a casual 9-10 layers will suffice.)
5. The sun doesn't set at 4pm anymore! Hallelujah! Earth-spinning or whatever science makes the days longer is GREAT. I love it.
6. Suddenly I get to see my neighbors and chat with them. Nice days bring everyone out of hibernation, and kids are riding their bikes everywhere (which is so cute! Less cute: bells on bikes. I hate them. Why are those shrill, overused noisemakers given to children?)
7. Summer doesn't feel that far away! (In fact, Devin even surprised me by booking a trip to the exact place we went on our honeymoon--Ocean City, Maryland...because when you get married at 20 years old you're limited to the few states that let you check into a hotel under the age of 21.)
8. P.S. This lemonade-with-a-twist drink mix 100% makes it feel like springtime. You have to try it!
What are you excited about for spring?