The past 2 years I've shared things I'm thankful for (2015, 2014 vol. 1 and 2014 vol. 2...also, can we laugh at how 2014 vol. 2 had birth control on the list?) so I thought I'd keep up the tradition this year!
This year, I'm in a new job (one that includes being woken up at 4:30 am for use of my milk-making skillz) and our family is bigger, and it feels like so much has changed. Here's what I'm grateful for this year:
1. Aiden. Duh. He's funny and looks like Devin and doesn't let me snuggle him as much now that he's a big bad 10 month-year-old but I just love him so much. :) I love how he pats my chest while he nurses, how he offers me food and then pulls it away when I fake eat it like "NOM NOM NOM," how he bursts out laughing the moment he's in a park swing, how he grins up at me in the morning when he wakes up.
2. Devin's dad skills. He can change a diaper, calm a cranky baby, make dinner, be silly and sing the "Fart It Out" song (does your family not invent songs when trying to get a newborn to get some gas out?) with the best of 'em (me, the song-writer. I'm the best of 'em).
3. Being on our church's worship team. I started 6 months ago, and it's been a really enjoyable commitment where I get to serve with other musical people and play the piano. I've been introduced to new music, and I have been pushed to work on some ear training (that's what I'm calling "me listening to youtube to learn that piano intro").
4. Burrito dinner meet-ups, Friendsgiving events, 3-hour bonfire hangouts, concerts with friends, beach trips, coffee dates, crowded tables surrounded by family, chill living room chats, and all the other random friend and family events.
5. God's mercy and kindness that continually leads me to repentance.
What are you thankful for this year?